- 400g frozen chopped spinach
- 150g fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 60g kale, finely chopped
- 60g onion, finely chopped
- 60g Italian hard cheese, grated (optional)
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2tsp fine sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, add the spinach, breadcrumbs, kale, onion, cheese, if using, eggs, salt and cayenne pepper and mix until combined.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, drop dessertspoons of the mixture into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until browned and crisp. Serve immediately with a salad on the side.